Aliases for SLC25A23 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 23 2 3 4 5
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Phosphate Carrier), Member 23 2 3
- Mitochondrial Ca(2+)-Dependent Solute Carrier Protein 2 3 4
- Small Calcium-Binding Mitochondrial Carrier Protein 3 3 4
- Mitochondrial ATP-Mg/Pi Carrier Protein 2 3 4
- MCSC2 3 4
- APC2 3 4
External Ids for SLC25A23 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC25A23 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A23 Gene
SLC25A23 (Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 23) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding. An important paralog of this gene is SLC25A25.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A23 Gene
Calcium-dependent mitochondrial solute carrier. Mitochondrial solute carriers shuttle metabolites, nucleotides, and cofactors through the mitochondrial inner membrane (PubMed:15123600). May act as a ATP-Mg/Pi exchanger that mediates the transport of Mg-ATP in exchange for phosphate, catalyzing the net uptake or efflux of adenine nucleotides into or from the mitochondria (PubMed:15123600). Acts as a regulator of mitochondrial calcium uptake via interaction with MCU and MICU1 (PubMed:24430870).