Aliases for SLC25A23 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Phosphate Carrier), Member 23 2 3
- Mitochondrial Ca(2+)-Dependent Solute Carrier Protein 2 3 4
- Small Calcium-Binding Mitochondrial Carrier Protein 3 3 4
- Mitochondrial ATP-Mg/Pi Carrier Protein 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 25 Member 23 3 4
- MCSC2 3 4
- APC2 3 4
External Ids for SLC25A23 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC25A23 Gene
SLC25A23 (Solute Carrier Family 25 (Mitochondrial Carrier; Phosphate Carrier), Member 23) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Regulation of actin cytoskeleton and Pathways in cancer. GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding. An important paralog of this gene is SLC25A42.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC25A23 Gene
Calcium-dependent mitochondrial solute carrier. Mitochondrial solute carriers shuttle metabolites, nucleotides, and cofactors through the mitochondrial inner membrane. May act as a ATP-Mg/Pi exchanger that mediates the transport of Mg-ATP in exchange for phosphate, catalyzing the net uptake or efflux of adenine nucleotides into or from the mitochondria.