Aliases for SLC1A4 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 1 Member 4 2 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 1 (Glutamate/Neutral Amino Acid Transporter), Member 4 2 3 5
- Alanine/Serine/Cysteine/Threonine Transporter 1 3 4
- ASCT-1 3 4
- ASCT1 3 4
- SATT 3 4
- Alanine/Serine/Cysteine/Threonine Transporter 2
- Glutamate/Neutral Amino Acid Transporter 3
- SPATCCM 3
External Ids for SLC1A4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC1A4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC1A4 Gene
SLC1A4 (Solute Carrier Family 1 Member 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC1A4 include Spastic Tetraplegia, Thin Corpus Callosum, And Progressive Microcephaly and Hartnup Disorder. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Neuroscience. GO annotations related to this gene include chloride channel activity and L-serine transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC1A3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC1A4 Gene
Transporter for alanine, serine, cysteine, and threonine. Exhibits sodium dependence.