Aliases for SLC17A6 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 17 (Vesicular Glutamate Transporter), Member 6 2 3
- VGLUT2 3 4 6
- DNPI 3 4 6
- Solute Carrier Family 17 (Sodium-Dependent Inorganic Phosphate Cotransporter), Member 6 2 3
- Differentiation-Associated Na(+)-Dependent Inorganic Phosphate Cotransporter 3 4
- Differentiation-Associated Na-Dependent Inorganic Phosphate Cotransporter 2 3
- Vesicular Glutamate Transporter 2 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 17 Member 6 3 4
- Differentiation-Associated BNPI 3 4
External Ids for SLC17A6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SLC17A6 Gene
SLC17A6 (Solute Carrier Family 17 (Vesicular Glutamate Transporter), Member 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC17A6 include gnathodiaphyseal dysplasia and schizophrenia. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Neuroscience. GO annotations related to this gene include symporter activity and L-glutamate transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC17A8.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC17A6 Gene
Mediates the uptake of glutamate into synaptic vesicles at presynaptic nerve terminals of excitatory neural cells. May also mediate the transport of inorganic phosphate.