Aliases for SLC16A8 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 16 (Monocarboxylate Transporter), Member 8 2 3
- Solute Carrier 16 (Monocarboxylic Acid Transporters), Member 8 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 16 Member 8 3 4
- Monocarboxylate Transporter 3 2 3
- MCT 3 3 4
- MCT3 3 4
- Solute Carrier Family 16, Member 8 (Monocarboxylic Acid Transporter 3) 3
- REMP 3
External Ids for SLC16A8 Gene
SLC16A8 is a member of a family of proton-coupled monocarboxylate transporters that mediate lactate transport across cell membranes (Yoon et al., 1999 [PubMed 10493836]).[supplied by OMIM, Apr 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SLC16A8 Gene
SLC16A8 (Solute Carrier Family 16 (Monocarboxylate Transporter), Member 8) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Hemostasis and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include symporter activity and lactate transmembrane transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC16A11.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC16A8 Gene
Proton-linked monocarboxylate transporter. Catalyzes the rapid transport across the plasma membrane of many monocarboxylates such as lactate, pyruvate, branched-chain oxo acids derived from leucine, valine and isoleucine, and the ketone bodies acetoacetate, beta-hydroxybutyrate and acetate (By similarity).