Aliases for SLC15A1 Gene
- Solute Carrier Family 15 Member 1 2 3
- Solute Carrier Family 15 (Oligopeptide Transporter), Member 1 2 3 5
- Oligopeptide Transporter, Small Intestine Isoform 3 4
- Peptide Transporter 1 3 4
- PEPT1 3 4
- BA551M18.1.1 (Solute Carrier Family 15 (Oligopeptide Transporter) Member 1) 2
- Solute Carrier Family 15 Oligopeptide Transporter Member 1 2
- Macrophage Oligopeptide Transporter PEPT1 3
External Ids for SLC15A1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SLC15A1 Gene
This gene encodes an intestinal hydrogen peptide cotransporter that is a member of the solute carrier family 15. The encoded protein is localized to the brush border membrane of the intestinal epithelium and mediates the uptake of di- and tripeptides from the lumen into the enterocytes. This protein plays an important role in the uptake and digestion of dietary proteins. This protein also facilitates the absorption of numerous peptidomimetic drugs. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SLC15A1 Gene
SLC15A1 (Solute Carrier Family 15 Member 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SLC15A1 include short bowel syndrome and cough headache. Among its related pathways are Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds and Statin Pathway - Generalized, Pharmacokinetics. GO annotations related to this gene include transporter activity and oligopeptide transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC15A3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SLC15A1 Gene
Proton-coupled intake of oligopeptides of 2 to 4 amino acids with a preference for dipeptides. May constitute a major route for the absorption of protein digestion end-products.