Aliases for SERPINA12 Gene
- Serpin Family A Member 12 2 3
- Serpin Peptidase Inhibitor, Clade A (Alpha-1 Antiproteinase, Antitrypsin), Member 12 2 3 5
- Serine (Or Cysteine) Proteinase Inhibitor, Clade A (Alpha-1 Antiproteinase, Antitrypsin), Member 12 2 3
- Visceral Adipose Tissue-Derived Serine Protease Inhibitor 3 4
- Vaspin 3 4
- OL-64 3 4
- Visceral Adipose-Specific SERPIN 3
- Visceral Adipose-Specific Serpin 4
External Ids for SERPINA12 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SERPINA12 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SERPINA12 Gene
SERPINA12 (Serpin Family A Member 12) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SERPINA12 include carotid stenosis and diabetes mellitus, noninsulin-dependent. Among its related pathways are IL-7 Signaling Pathways. GO annotations related to this gene include serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is SERPINA11.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SERPINA12 Gene
Adipokine that modulates insulin action by specifically inhibiting its target protease KLK7 in white adipose tissues.