Aliases for SERPINA10 Gene
- Serpin Family A Member 10 2 3 5
- Serine (Or Cysteine) Proteinase Inhibitor, Clade A (Alpha-1 Antiproteinase, Antitrypsin), Member 10 2 3
- Serpin Peptidase Inhibitor, Clade A (Alpha-1 Antiproteinase, Antitrypsin), Member 10 2 3
- PZ-Dependent Protease Inhibitor 3 4
- Serpin A10 3 4
- PZI 3 4
- ZPI 3 4
- Protein Z-Dependent Protease Inhibitor 3
External Ids for SERPINA10 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SERPINA10 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the serpin family. It is predominantly expressed in the liver and secreted in plasma. It inhibits the activity of coagulation factors Xa and XIa in the presence of protein Z, calcium and phospholipid. Mutations in this gene are associated with venous thrombosis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene.[provided by RefSeq, May 2010]
GeneCards Summary for SERPINA10 Gene
SERPINA10 (Serpin Family A Member 10) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with SERPINA10 include Thrombophilia Due To Thrombin Defect and Central Retinal Artery Occlusion. GO annotations related to this gene include heparin binding and serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is ENSG00000273259.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SERPINA10 Gene
Inhibits activity of the coagulation protease factor Xa in the presence of PROZ, calcium and phospholipids. Also inhibits factor XIa in the absence of cofactors.