Aliases for SEL1L Gene
- Sel-1 Suppressor Of Lin-12-Like (C. Elegans) 2 3
- Suppressor Of Lin-12-Like Protein 1 3 4
- Suppressor Of Lin 12 (Sel-1), C. Elegans, Homolog Of 3
- Sel-1 Suppressor Of Lin-12-Like 1 (C. Elegans) 2
- Sel-1 (Suppressor Of Lin-12, C.Elegans)-Like 2
- Sel-1 Suppressor Of Lin-12-Like 1 3
- Protein Sel-1 Homolog 1 3
External Ids for SEL1L Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SEL1L Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is part of a protein complex required for the retrotranslocation or dislocation of misfolded proteins from the endoplasmic reticulum lumen to the cytosol, where they are degraded by the proteasome in a ubiquitin-dependent manner. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011]
GeneCards Summary for SEL1L Gene
SEL1L (Sel-1 Suppressor Of Lin-12-Like (C. Elegans)) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Signaling by NOTCH1 PEST Domain Mutants in Cancer. An important paralog of this gene is SEL1L3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SEL1L Gene
May play a role in Notch signaling (By similarity). May be involved in the endoplasmic reticulum quality control (ERQC) system also called ER-associated degradation (ERAD) involved in ubiquitin-dependent degradation of misfolded endoplasmic reticulum proteins.