Aliases for SEC22B Gene
- SEC22 Homolog B, Vesicle Trafficking Protein (Gene/Pseudogene) 2 3
- SEC22 Vesicle-Trafficking Protein Homolog B 3 4
- ER-Golgi SNARE Of 24 KDa 3 4
- SEC22L1 3 4
- ERS-24 3 4
- SEC22 Vesicle Trafficking Protein Homolog B (S. Cerevisiae) (Gene/Pseudogene) 2
- SEC22 Vesicle Trafficking Protein Homolog B (S. Cerevisiae) 2
External Ids for SEC22B Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for SEC22B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SEC22B Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the SEC22 family of vesicle trafficking proteins. It seems to complex with SNARE and it is thought to play a role in the ER-Golgi protein trafficking. This protein has strong similarity to Mus musculus and Cricetulus griseus proteins.[provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009]
GeneCards Summary for SEC22B Gene
SEC22B (SEC22 Homolog B, Vesicle Trafficking Protein (Gene/Pseudogene)) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Vesicle-mediated transport. GO annotations related to this gene include syntaxin binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for SEC22B Gene
SNARE involved in targeting and fusion of ER-derived transport vesicles with the Golgi complex as well as Golgi-derived retrograde transport vesicles with the ER.