Aliases for RIDA Gene
- Reactive Intermediate Imine Deaminase A Homolog 2 3 4 5
- Heat-Responsive Protein 12 2 3 4
- Translation Inhibitor L-PSP Ribonuclease 3 4
- 14.5 KDa Translational Inhibitor Protein 3 4
- Translational Inhibitor P14.5 2 3
- UK114 Antigen Homolog 3 4
- HRSP12 3 4
- Hp14.5 3 4
- P14.5 3 4
- Reactive Intermediate/Imine Deaminase A Homolog 2
External Ids for RIDA Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for RIDA Gene
GeneCards Summary for RIDA Gene
RIDA (Reactive Intermediate Imine Deaminase A Homolog) is a Protein Coding gene.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RIDA Gene
Catalyzes the hydrolytic deamination of enamine/imine intermediates that form during the course of normal metabolism. May facilitate the release of ammonia from these potentially toxic reactive metabolites, reducing their impact on cellular components. It may act on enamine/imine intermediates formed by several types of pyridoxal-5-phosphate-dependent dehydratases including L-threonine dehydratase.
May also function as an endoribonuclease, cleaving mRNA phosphodiester bonds of single-stranded RNA (By similarity). Thereby, may inhibit protein translation (PubMed:8973653).