Aliases for RHAG Gene
- Rh-Associated Glycoprotein 2 3
- Rhesus Blood Group-Associated Glycoprotein 2 3 4
- RH50A 3 4 6
- Erythrocyte Plasma Membrane 50 KDa Glycoprotein 3 4
- Rhesus Blood Group Family Type A Glycoprotein 3 4
- Rhesus Blood Group-Associated Ammonia Channel 3 4
- Erythrocyte Membrane Glycoprotein Rh50 3 4
- Rh Family Type A Glycoprotein 3 4
- Rh Type A Glycoprotein 3 4
External Ids for RHAG Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is erythrocyte-specific and is thought to be part of a membrane channel that transports ammonium and carbon dioxide across the blood cell membrane. The encoded protein appears to interact with Rh blood group antigens and Rh30 polypeptides. Defects in this gene are a cause of regulator type Rh-null hemolytic anemia (RHN), or Rh-deficiency syndrome.[provided by RefSeq, Mar 2009]
GeneCards Summary for RHAG Gene
RHAG (Rh-Associated Glycoprotein) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with RHAG include anemia, hemolytic, rh-null, regulator type and stomatocytosis i. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Transport of glucose and other sugars, bile salts and organic acids, metal ions and amine compounds. GO annotations related to this gene include ankyrin binding. An important paralog of this gene is RHCE.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RHAG Gene
Associated with rhesus blood group antigen expression. May be part of an oligomeric complex which is likely to have a transport or channel function in the erythrocyte membrane.