Aliases for REV3L Gene
- REV3 Like, DNA Directed Polymerase Zeta Catalytic Subunit 2 3 5
- REV3-Like, Polymerase (DNA Directed), Zeta, Catalytic Subunit 2 3
- EC 188.8.131.52 4 61
- POLZ 3 4
- REV3 3 4
- REV3 (Yeast Homolog)-Like, Catalytic Subunit Of DNA Polymerase Zeta 2
- REV3-Like, Catalytic Subunit Of DNA Polymerase Zeta (Yeast) 2
- Rev-3, Yeast, Homolog-Like (Polymerase, DNA, Zeta) 3
External Ids for REV3L Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for REV3L Gene
The protein encoded by this gene represents the catalytic subunit of DNA polymerase zeta, which functions in translesion DNA synthesis. The encoded protein can be found in mitochondria, where it protects DNA from damage. Defects in this gene are a cause of Mobius syndrome. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2017]
GeneCards Summary for REV3L Gene
REV3L (REV3 Like, DNA Directed Polymerase Zeta Catalytic Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with REV3L include Moebius Syndrome and Poland Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Translesion synthesis by Y family DNA polymerases bypasses lesions on DNA template and Platinum drug resistance. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and 4 iron, 4 sulfur cluster binding. An important paralog of this gene is KIAA2022.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for REV3L Gene
Catalytic subunit of the DNA polymerase zeta complex, an error-prone polymerase specialized in translesion DNA synthesis (TLS). Lacks an intrinsic 3-5 exonuclease activity and thus has no proofreading function.