Aliases for RDH16 Gene
- Retinol Dehydrogenase 16 (All-Trans) 2 3 5
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 9C, Member 8 2 3
- Retinol Dehydrogenase 16 (All-Trans And 13-Cis) 2 3
- Sterol/Retinol Dehydrogenase 3 4
- RODH-4 3 4
- SDR9C8 3 4
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 9C Member 8 4
- Microsomal NAD(+)-Dependent Retinol Dehydrogenase 4 4
External Ids for RDH16 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RDH16 Gene
GeneCards Summary for RDH16 Gene
RDH16 (Retinol Dehydrogenase 16 (All-Trans)) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of fat-soluble vitamins and Signaling by GPCR. GO annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity and retinol dehydrogenase activity. An important paralog of this gene is HSD17B6.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RDH16 Gene
Oxidoreductase with a preference for NAD. Oxidizes all-trans-retinol and 13-cis-retinol to the corresponding aldehydes. Has higher activity towards CRBP-bound retinol than with free retinol. Oxidizes 3-alpha-hydroxysteroids. Oxidizes androstanediol and androsterone to dihydrotestosterone and androstanedione. Can also catalyze the reverse reaction.