Aliases for RDH16 Gene
- Retinol Dehydrogenase 16 (All-Trans) 2 3 5
- Retinol Dehydrogenase 16 (All-Trans And 13-Cis) 2 3
- Sterol/Retinol Dehydrogenase 3 4
- RODH-4 3 4
- SDR9C8 3 4
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 9C, Member 8 3
- Short Chain Dehydrogenase/Reductase Family 9C Member 8 4
- Microsomal NAD(+)-Dependent Retinol Dehydrogenase 4 4
- Microsomal NAD+ Dependent Retinol Dehydrogenase 4 2
External Ids for RDH16 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RDH16 Gene
GeneCards Summary for RDH16 Gene
RDH16 (Retinol Dehydrogenase 16 (All-Trans)) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity and retinol dehydrogenase activity. An important paralog of this gene is HSD11B2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RDH16 Gene
Oxidoreductase with a preference for NAD. Oxidizes all-trans-retinol and 13-cis-retinol to the corresponding aldehydes. Has higher activity towards CRBP-bound retinol than with free retinol. Oxidizes 3-alpha-hydroxysteroids. Oxidizes androstanediol and androsterone to dihydrotestosterone and androstanedione. Can also catalyze the reverse reaction.