Aliases for RCBTB1 Gene
- RCC1 And BTB Domain Containing Protein 1 2 3 5
- Regulator Of Chromosome Condensation (RCC1) And BTB (POZ) Domain Containing Protein 1 2 3
- Regulator Of Chromosome Condensation And BTB Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Deletion Region Gene 7 Protein 3 4
- CLL Deletion Region Gene 7 Protein 3 4
- CLLD7 3 4
- GDP/GTP Exchange Factor (GEF)-Like Protein 3
External Ids for RCBTB1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RCBTB1 Gene
This gene encodes a protein with an N-terminal RCC1 domain and a C-terminal BTB (broad complex, tramtrack and bric-a-brac) domain. In rat, over-expression of this gene in vascular smooth muscle cells induced cellular hypertrophy. In rat, the C-terminus of RCBTB1 interacts with the angiotensin II receptor-1A. In humans, this gene maps to a region of chromosome 13q that is frequently deleted in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and other lymphoid malignancies. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for RCBTB1 Gene
RCBTB1 (RCC1 And BTB Domain Containing Protein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with RCBTB1 include Retinal Dystrophy With Or Without Extraocular Anomalies and Reticular Dystrophy Of The Retinal Pigment Epithelium. An important paralog of this gene is RCBTB2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RCBTB1 Gene
May be involved in cell cycle regulation by chromatin remodeling.