Aliases for RCBTB1 Gene
- RCC1 And BTB Domain Containing Protein 1 2 3 5
- Regulator Of Chromosome Condensation (RCC1) And BTB (POZ) Domain Containing Protein 1 2 3
- Regulator Of Chromosome Condensation And BTB Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Deletion Region Gene 7 Protein 3 4
- CLL Deletion Region Gene 7 Protein 3 4
- CLLD7 3 4
External Ids for RCBTB1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RCBTB1 Gene
This gene encodes a protein with an N-terminal RCC1 domain and a C-terminal BTB (broad complex, tramtrack and bric-a-brac) domain. In rat, over-expression of this gene in vascular smooth muscle cells induced cellular hypertrophy. In rat, the C-terminus of RCBTB1 interacts with the angiotensin II receptor-1A. In humans, this gene maps to a region of chromosome 13q that is frequently deleted in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and other lymphoid malignancies. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for RCBTB1 Gene
RCBTB1 (RCC1 And BTB Domain Containing Protein 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with RCBTB1 include Alcohol Dependence and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. An important paralog of this gene is RCBTB2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RCBTB1 Gene
May be involved in cell cycle regulation by chromatin remodeling.