Aliases for RASGRP3 Gene
- RAS Guanyl Releasing Protein 3 2 3
- RAS Guanyl Releasing Protein 3 (Calcium And DAG-Regulated) 2 3 5
- Calcium- And Diacylglycerol-Regulated Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor III 2 3
- Calcium And DAG-Regulated Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor III 3 4
- Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor For Rap1 3 4
- GRP3 3 4
- CalDAG-GEFIII 3
- KIAA0846 4
External Ids for RASGRP3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RASGRP3 Gene
Members of the RAS (see HRAS; MIM 190020) subfamily of GTPases function in signal transduction as GTP/GDP-regulated switches that cycle between inactive GDP- and active GTP-bound states. Guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), such as RASGRP3, serve as RAS activators by promoting acquisition of GTP to maintain the active GTP-bound state and are the key link between cell surface receptors and RAS activation (Rebhun et al., 2000 [PubMed 10934204]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for RASGRP3 Gene
RASGRP3 (RAS Guanyl Releasing Protein 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are B cell receptor signaling pathway (KEGG) and MAPK signaling pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and GTPase activator activity. An important paralog of this gene is RASGEF1A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RASGRP3 Gene
Guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for Ras and Rap1.