Aliases for RALY Gene
- RALY Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein 2 3 5
- RNA-Binding Protein (Autoantigenic, HnRNP-Associated With Lethal Yellow) 2 3
- HnRNP Associated With Lethal Yellow Protein Homolog 3 4
- Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein C-Like 2 3 4
- HnRNP Core Protein C-Like 2 3 4
- Autoantigen P542 3 4
- HNRPCL2 3 4
External Ids for RALY Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RALY Gene
This gene encodes a member of the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) gene family. This protein may play a role in pre-mRNA splicing and in embryonic development. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011]
GeneCards Summary for RALY Gene
RALY (RALY Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein) is a Protein Coding gene. GO annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and RNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is RALYL.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for RALY Gene
RNA-binding protein that acts as a transcriptional cofactor for cholesterol biosynthetic genes in the liver. Binds the lipid-responsive non-coding RNA LeXis and is required for LeXis-mediated effect on cholesterogenesis (By similarity). May be a heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) (PubMed:9376072).