Aliases for QPRT Gene
- Quinolinate Phosphoribosyltransferase 2 3
- Nicotinate-Nucleotide Pyrophosphorylase (Carboxylating) 2 3
- EC 18.104.22.168 4 63
- QAPRTase 3 4
- QPRTase 3 4
- Nicotinate-Nucleotide Pyrophosphorylase [Carboxylating] 3
- Quinolinate Phosphoribosyltransferase [Decarboxylating] 4
- Epididymis Secretory Sperm Binding Protein Li 90n 3
- HEL-S-90n 3
External Ids for QPRT Gene
This gene encodes a key enzyme in catabolism of quinolinate, an intermediate in the tryptophan-nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide pathway. Quinolinate acts as a most potent endogenous exitotoxin to neurons. Elevation of quinolinate levels in the brain has been linked to the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative disorders such as epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, and Huntington's disease. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for QPRT Gene
QPRT (Quinolinate Phosphoribosyltransferase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with QPRT include pellagra and seizure disorder. Among its related pathways are Disease and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include protein homodimerization activity and nicotinate-nucleotide diphosphorylase (carboxylating) activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for QPRT Gene
Involved in the catabolism of quinolinic acid (QA).