Aliases for PTX3 Gene
- Pentraxin 3, Long 2 3
- Pentraxin-Related Gene, Rapidly Induced By IL-1 Beta 2 3
- Tumor Necrosis Factor-Inducible Gene 14 Protein 3 4
- Tumor Necrosis Factor, Alpha-Induced Protein 5 2 3
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha-Induced Protein 5 3 4
- Pentaxin-Related Protein PTX3 3 4
- TNF Alpha-Induced Protein 5 3 4
- TNFAIP5 3 4
External Ids for PTX3 Gene
Previous Symbols for PTX3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PTX3 Gene
PTX3 (Pentraxin 3, Long) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PTX3 include infectious myocarditis and myocardial infarction. GO annotations related to this gene include (1->3)-beta-D-glucan binding. An important paralog of this gene is CRP.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PTX3 Gene
Plays a role in the regulation of innate resistance to pathogens, inflammatory reactions, possibly clearance of self-components and female fertility.