Aliases for PTPN5 Gene
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase, Non-Receptor Type 5 (Striatum-Enriched) 2 3
- STEP 3 4 6
- Striatum-Enriched Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase 3 4
- Neural-Specific Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase 3 4
- EC 22.214.171.124 4 63
- Tyrosine-Protein Phosphatase Non-Receptor Type 5 3
- Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase Striatum-Enriched 3
- PTPSTEP 3
External Ids for PTPN5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PTPN5 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PTPN5 Gene
PTPN5 (Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase, Non-Receptor Type 5 (Striatum-Enriched)) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are MAPK signaling pathway and PAK Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include protein tyrosine phosphatase activity and phosphotyrosine binding. An important paralog of this gene is PTPRO.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PTPN5 Gene
May regulate the activity of several effector molecules involved in synaptic plasticity and neuronal cell survival, including MAPKs, Src family kinases and NMDA receptors.