Aliases for PSMD6 Gene
- Proteasome 26S Subunit, Non-ATPase 6 2 3 5
- Proteasome (Prosome, Macropain) 26S Subunit, Non-ATPase, 6 2 3
- Proteasome Regulatory Particle Subunit P44S10 3 4
- Phosphonoformate Immuno-Associated Protein 4 3 4
- Breast Cancer-Associated Protein SGA-113M 3 4
- P42A 3 4
- 26S Proteasome Non-ATPase Regulatory Subunit 6 3
- 26S Proteasome Regulatory Subunit RPN7 4
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PSMD6 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the protease subunit S10 family. The encoded protein is a subunit of the 26S proteasome which colocalizes with DNA damage foci and is involved in the ATP-dependent degradation of ubiquinated proteins. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2012]
GeneCards Summary for PSMD6 Gene
PSMD6 (Proteasome 26S Subunit, Non-ATPase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Ubiquitin-Proteasome Dependent Proteolysis and Interleukin-3, 5 and GM-CSF signaling. GO annotations related to this gene include ATPase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GPS1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PSMD6 Gene
Acts as a regulatory subunit of the 26S proteasome which is involved in the ATP-dependent degradation of ubiquitinated proteins.