Aliases for PSMD6 Gene
- Proteasome 26S Subunit, Non-ATPase 6 2 3 5
- Proteasome (Prosome, Macropain) 26S Subunit, Non-ATPase, 6 2 3
- Proteasome Regulatory Particle Subunit P44S10 3 4
- Phosphonoformate Immuno-Associated Protein 4 3 4
- Breast Cancer-Associated Protein SGA-113M 3 4
- P42A 3 4
- 26S Proteasome Regulatory Subunit RPN7 4
- 26S Proteasome Regulatory Subunit S10 4
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PSMD6 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the protease subunit S10 family. The encoded protein is a subunit of the 26S proteasome which colocalizes with DNA damage foci and is involved in the ATP-dependent degradation of ubiquinated proteins. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2012]
GeneCards Summary for PSMD6 Gene
PSMD6 (Proteasome 26S Subunit, Non-ATPase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Cell Cycle Checkpoints and Mitotic Metaphase and Anaphase. GO annotations related to this gene include ATPase activity. An important paralog of this gene is GPS1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PSMD6 Gene
Acts as a regulatory subunit of the 26S proteasome which is involved in the ATP-dependent degradation of ubiquitinated proteins.