Aliases for PRPF40B Gene
- PRP40 Homolog, Pre-MRNA Processing Factor B 2 3
- Huntingtin Interacting Protein C 2 3
- Huntingtin Yeast Partner C 3 4
- HYPC 3 4
- PRP40 Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 40 Homolog B (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- PRP40 Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 40 Homolog B (Yeast) 2
- PRP40 Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 40 Homolog B 3
- Huntingtin-Interacting Protein C 4
External Ids for PRPF40B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PRPF40B Gene
This gene encodes a WW-domain containing protein similar to yeast splicing factor PRP40. This protein has been shown to interact with Huntingtin and methyl CpG binding protein 2 (MeCP2). Alternative splicing results in different transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2014]
GeneCards Summary for PRPF40B Gene
PRPF40B (PRP40 Homolog, Pre-MRNA Processing Factor B) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PRPF40B include rett syndrome. Among its related pathways are mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway. An important paralog of this gene is PRPF40A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PRPF40B Gene
May be involved in pre-mRNA splicing.