Aliases for PRPF18 Gene
- Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 18 2 3
- PRP18 Homolog 3 4
- HPrp18 3 4
- PRP18 3 6
- PRP18 Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 18 Homolog (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- PRP18 Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 18 Homolog (Yeast) 2
- PRP18 Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 18 Homolog(PRPF18) 3
- PRP18 Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 18 Homolog 3
- Pre-MRNA-Splicing Factor 18 3
External Ids for PRPF18 Gene
Pre-mRNA splicing occurs in 2 sequential transesterification steps. The protein encoded by this gene is found to be essential for the catalytic step II in pre-mRNA splicing process. It is found in the spliceosome, and contains seven WD repeats, which function in protein-protein interactions. This protein has a sequence similarity to the yeast splicing factor Prp18. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PRPF18 Gene
PRPF18 (Pre-MRNA Processing Factor 18) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PRPF18 include pityriasis rubra pilaris and palmoplantar keratosis. Among its related pathways are Spliceosome and mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway. An important paralog of this gene is LOC101928524.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PRPF18 Gene
Participates in the second step of pre-mRNA splicing.