Aliases for PRMT2 Gene
- Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 2 2 3
- HMT1 (HnRNP Methyltransferase, S. Cerevisiae)-Like 1 2 3
- Histone-Arginine N-Methyltransferase PRMT2 3 4
- HRMT1L1 3 4
- HMT1 HnRNP Methyltransferase-Like 1 (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- Protein Arginine N-Methyltransferase 2 3
- HMT1 HnRNP Methyltransferase-Like 1 3
- EC 188.8.131.52 4
External Ids for PRMT2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PRMT2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PRMT2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PRMT2 Gene
PRMT2 (Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are RB in Cancer and mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include protein homodimerization activity and transcription coactivator activity. An important paralog of this gene is PRMT6.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PRMT2 Gene
Arginine methyltransferase that methylates the guanidino nitrogens of arginyl residues in proteins such as STAT3, FBL, histone H4. Acts as a coactivator (with NCOA2) of the androgen receptor (AR)-mediated transactivation. Acts as a coactivator (with estrogen) of estrogen receptor (ER)-mediated transactivation. Enhances PGR, PPARG, RARA-mediated transactivation. May inhibit NF-kappa-B transcription and promote apoptosis. Represses E2F1 transcriptional activity (in a RB1-dependent manner). May be involved in growth regulation.