Aliases for PPP2R5D Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit B'Delta 2
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit Bdelta 2 3 5
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B (B56), Delta Isoform 2 3
- Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase 2A, 56 KDa Regulatory Subunit, Delta Isoform 3
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase 2A 56 KDa Regulatory Subunit Delta Isoform 3
- PP2A, B Subunit, PR61 Delta Isoform 3
- PP2A, B Subunit, B56 Delta Isoform 3
- PP2A, B Subunit, R5 Delta Isoform 3
External Ids for PPP2R5D Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP2R5D Gene
The product of this gene belongs to the phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit B family. Protein phosphatase 2A is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, that associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity. This gene encodes a delta isoform of the regulatory subunit B56 subfamily. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PPP2R5D Gene
PPP2R5D (Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit B'Delta) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PPP2R5D include Mental Retardation, Autosomal Dominant 35 and Neuroblastoma. Among its related pathways are Activated TLR4 signalling and RET signaling. GO annotations related to this gene include binding. An important paralog of this gene is PPP2R5C.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP2R5D Gene
The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity, and also might direct the localization of the catalytic enzyme to a particular subcellular compartment.