Aliases for PPP2R5C Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B', Gamma 2
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B (B56), Gamma Isoform 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B, Gamma Isoform 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B, Gamma 2 3
- Renal Carcinoma Antigen NY-REN-29 3 4
- PP2A B Subunit Isoform PR61-Gamma 3 4
- PP2A B Subunit Isoform B56-Gamma 3 4
- PP2A B Subunit Isoform R5-Gamma 3 4
External Ids for PPP2R5C Gene
The product of this gene belongs to the phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit B family. Protein phosphatase 2A is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, that associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity. This gene encodes a gamma isoform of the regulatory subunit B56 subfamily. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PPP2R5C Gene
PPP2R5C (Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B', Gamma) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are PI3K-Akt signaling pathway and Signaling by GPCR. GO annotations related to this gene include protein phosphatase type 2A regulator activity. An important paralog of this gene is PPP2R5E.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP2R5C Gene
The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity, and also might direct the localization of the catalytic enzyme to a particular subcellular compartment. The PP2A-PPP2R5C holoenzyme may specifically dephosphorylate and activate TP53 and play a role in DNA damage-induced inhibition of cell proliferation. PP2A-PPP2R5C may also regulate the ERK signaling pathway through ERK dephosphorylation.