Aliases for PPP2R2D Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit Bdelta 2 3 5
- PP2A Subunit B Isoform Delta 2 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B, Delta Isoform 2 3
- PP2A Subunit B Isoform PR55-Delta 3 4
- PP2A Subunit B Isoform B55-Delta 3 4
- PP2A Subunit B Isoform R2-Delta 3 4
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase 2A 55 KDa Regulatory Subunit B Delta Isoform 3
External Ids for PPP2R2D Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP2R2D Gene
GeneCards Summary for PPP2R2D Gene
PPP2R2D (Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit Bdelta) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Vascular smooth muscle contraction and mRNA surveillance pathway. An important paralog of this gene is PPP2R2A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP2R2D Gene
B regulatory subunit of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) that plays a key role in cell cycle by controlling mitosis entry and exit. The activity of PP2A complexes containing PPP2R2D (PR55-delta) fluctuate during the cell cycle: the activity is high in interphase and low in mitosis. During mitosis, activity of PP2A is inhibited via interaction with phosphorylated ENSA and ARPP19 inhibitors. Within the PP2A complexes, the B regulatory subunits modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity, and also may direct the localization of the catalytic enzyme to a particular subcellular compartment (By similarity).
Protein Ser/Thr phosphatases are a group of enzymes that catalyze the removal of phosphate groups from serine and/or threonine residues by hydrolysis of phosphoric acid monoesters. They oppose the action of kinases and phosphorylases and are involved in signal transduction.