Aliases for PPP1R1B Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Inhibitor Subunit 1B 2 3 5
- DARPP-32 3 4
- DARPP32 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory (Inhibitor) Subunit 1B 2
- Dopamine And CAMP-Regulated Neuronal Phosphoprotein 32 3
- Dopamine- And CAMP-Regulated Neuronal Phosphoprotein 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 1B 3
- Dopamine And CAMP Regulated Phosphoprotein 2
External Ids for PPP1R1B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP1R1B Gene
This gene encodes a bifunctional signal transduction molecule. Dopaminergic and glutamatergic receptor stimulation regulates its phosphorylation and function as a kinase or phosphatase inhibitor. As a target for dopamine, this gene may serve as a therapeutic target for neurologic and psychiatric disorders. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011]
GeneCards Summary for PPP1R1B Gene
PPP1R1B (Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Inhibitor Subunit 1B) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PPP1R1B include Schizophrenia and Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and GPCR Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include protein phosphatase inhibitor activity and protein phosphatase type 1 regulator activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP1R1B Gene
Inhibitor of protein-phosphatase 1.