Aliases for PPP1R15A Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 15A 2 3 5
- Myeloid Differentiation Primary Response Protein MyD116 Homolog 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory (Inhibitor) Subunit 15A 2 3
- Growth Arrest And DNA Damage-Inducible Protein GADD34 3 4
- Growth Arrest And DNA-Damage-Inducible 34 2 3
- GADD34 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 15A 2
External Ids for PPP1R15A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP1R15A Gene
This gene is a member of a group of genes whose transcript levels are increased following stressful growth arrest conditions and treatment with DNA-damaging agents. The induction of this gene by ionizing radiation occurs in certain cell lines regardless of p53 status, and its protein response is correlated with apoptosis following ionizing radiation. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PPP1R15A Gene
PPP1R15A (Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 15A) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and GPCR Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include protein kinase binding and protein phosphatase type 1 regulator activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP1R15A Gene
Recruits the serine/threonine-protein phosphatase PP1 to dephosphorylate the translation initiation factor eIF-2A/EIF2S1, thereby reversing the shut-off of protein synthesis initiated by stress-inducible kinases and facilitating recovery of cells from stress. Down-regulates the TGF-beta signaling pathway by promoting dephosphorylation of TGFB1 by PP1. May promote apoptosis by inducing TP53 phosphorylation on Ser-15.