Aliases for PPP1R15A Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 15A 2 3
- GADD34 3 4 6
- Myeloid Differentiation Primary Response Protein MyD116 Homolog 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory (Inhibitor) Subunit 15A 2 3
- Growth Arrest And DNA Damage-Inducible Protein GADD34 3 4
- Growth Arrest And DNA-Damage-Inducible 34 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 15A 3
External Ids for PPP1R15A Gene
This gene is a member of a group of genes whose transcript levels are increased following stressful growth arrest conditions and treatment with DNA-damaging agents. The induction of this gene by ionizing radiation occurs in certain cell lines regardless of p53 status, and its protein response is correlated with apoptosis following ionizing radiation. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PPP1R15A Gene
PPP1R15A (Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 15A) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PPP1R15A include herpes simplex. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Disease. GO annotations related to this gene include protein kinase binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPP1R15A Gene
Recruits the serine/threonine-protein phosphatase PP1 to dephosphorylate the translation initiation factor eIF-2A/EIF2S1, thereby reversing the shut-off of protein synthesis initiated by stress-inducible kinases and facilitating recovery of cells from stress. Down-regulates the TGF-beta signaling pathway by promoting dephosphorylation of TGFB1 by PP1. May promote apoptosis by inducing TP53 phosphorylation on Ser-15.