Aliases for PPFIA3 Gene
- PTPRF Interacting Protein Alpha 3 2 3
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase, Receptor Type, F Polypeptide (PTPRF), Interacting Protein (Liprin), Alpha 3 2 3 5
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Receptor Type F Polypeptide-Interacting Protein Alpha-3 3 4
- PTPRF-Interacting Protein Alpha-3 3 4
- Liprin-Alpha 3 2 3
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase, Receptor Type, F Polypeptide, Alpha 3 3
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 2
- Receptor Type 2
External Ids for PPFIA3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPFIA3 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the LAR protein-tyrosine phosphatase-interacting protein (liprin) family. Liprins interact with members of LAR family of transmembrane protein tyrosine phosphatases, which are known to be important for axon guidance and mammary gland development. Liprin family protein has been shown to localize phosphatase LAR to cell focal adhesions and may be involved in the molecular organization of presynaptic active zones. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PPFIA3 Gene
PPFIA3 (PTPRF Interacting Protein Alpha 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transmission across Chemical Synapses and Neurotransmitter Release Cycle. An important paralog of this gene is KAZN.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PPFIA3 Gene
May regulate the disassembly of focal adhesions. May localize receptor-like tyrosine phosphatases type 2A at specific sites on the plasma membrane, possibly regulating their interaction with the extracellular environment and their association with substrates.