Aliases for POLR3H Gene
- Polymerase (RNA) III (DNA Directed) Polypeptide H (22.9kD) 2 3
- DNA-Directed RNA Polymerase III Subunit H 3 4
- RNA Polymerase III Subunit C8 3 4
- RPC22.9 3 4
- RPC8 3 4
- DNA-Directed RNA Polymerase III Subunit 22.9 KDa Polypeptide 3
- RNA Polymerase III Subunit 22.9 KDa Subunit 4
- RNA Nucleotidyltransferase (DNA-Directed) 3
- KIAA1665 4
External Ids for POLR3H Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for POLR3H Gene
GeneCards Summary for POLR3H Gene
POLR3H (Polymerase (RNA) III (DNA Directed) Polypeptide H (22.9kD)) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Immune System and Epstein-Barr virus infection. GO annotations related to this gene include DNA-directed RNA polymerase activity and RNA polymerase III activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for POLR3H Gene
DNA-dependent RNA polymerase catalyzes the transcription of DNA into RNA using the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates. Specific peripheric component of RNA polymerase III which synthesizes small RNAs, such as 5S rRNA and tRNAs. Plays a key role in sensing and limiting infection by intracellular bacteria and DNA viruses. Acts as nuclear and cytosolic DNA sensor involved in innate immune response. Can sense non-self dsDNA that serves as template for transcription into dsRNA. The non-self RNA polymerase III transcripts, such as Epstein-Barr virus-encoded RNAs (EBERs) induce type I interferon and NF- Kappa-B through the RIG-I pathway (By similarity).