Aliases for POLD2 Gene
- Polymerase (DNA) Delta 2, Accessory Subunit 2 3
- DNA Polymerase Delta Subunit P50 2 4
- EC 126.96.36.199 4 63
- Polymerase (DNA Directed), Delta 2, Regulatory Subunit (50kD) 2
- Polymerase (DNA Directed), Delta 2, Regulatory Subunit 50kDa 2
- Polymerase (DNA Directed), Delta 2, Accessory Subunit 5
- Pol Delta B Subunit (P50) 2
External Ids for POLD2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for POLD2 Gene
This gene encodes the 50-kDa catalytic subunit of DNA polymerase delta. DNA polymerase delta possesses both polymerase and 3' to 5' exonuclease activity and plays a critical role in DNA replication and repair. The encoded protein is required for the stimulation of DNA polymerase delta activity by the processivity cofactor proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA). Expression of this gene may be a marker for ovarian carcinomas. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for this gene, and a pseudogene of this gene is located on the long arm of chromosome 5. [provided by RefSeq, Mar 2012]
GeneCards Summary for POLD2 Gene
POLD2 (Polymerase (DNA) Delta 2, Accessory Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are HTLV-I infection and Transcription-Coupled Nucleotide Excision Repair (TC-NER). GO annotations related to this gene include DNA-directed DNA polymerase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for POLD2 Gene
The function of the small subunit is not yet clear.