Aliases for PLPP6 Gene
- Phospholipid Phosphatase 6 2 3 5
- Presqualene Diphosphate Phosphatase 2 3 4
- Phosphatidic Acid Phosphatase Type 2 Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- Phosphatidic Acid Phosphatase Type 2 Domain Containing 2 2 3
- Polyisoprenoid Diphosphate Phosphatase Type 1 2 3
- PPAP2 Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- PPAPDC2 3 4
External Ids for PLPP6 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PLPP6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PLPP6 Gene
PLPP6 (Phospholipid Phosphatase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Immune response CCR3 signaling in eosinophils and DAG and IP3 signaling. An important paralog of this gene is PLPP7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PLPP6 Gene
Phosphatase that dephosphorylates presqualene diphosphate (PSDP) into presqualene monophosphate (PSMP), suggesting that it may be indirectly involved in innate immunity. PSDP is a bioactive lipid that rapidly remodels to presqualene monophosphate PSMP upon cell activation. Displays diphosphate phosphatase activity with a substrate preference for PSDP > FDP > phosphatidic acid.