Aliases for PLEKHG6 Gene
- Pleckstrin Homology And RhoGEF Domain Containing G6 2 3 5
- Pleckstrin Homology Domain Containing, Family G (With RhoGef Domain) Member 6 2 3
- Myosin-Interacting Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor 3 4
- PH Domain-Containing Family G Member 6 3 4
- Myosin II Interacting GEF 2 3
- MyoGEF 3 4
- Myosin Interacting Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor 3
External Ids for PLEKHG6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PLEKHG6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PLEKHG6 Gene
PLEKHG6 (Pleckstrin Homology And RhoGEF Domain Containing G6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Regulation of RhoA activity. GO annotations related to this gene include GTPase activator activity and Rho guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity. An important paralog of this gene is PLEKHG5.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PLEKHG6 Gene
Guanine nucleotide exchange factor activating the small GTPase RHOA, which, in turn, induces myosin filament formation. Also activates RHOG. Does not activate RAC1, or to a much lower extent than RHOA and RHOG. Part of a functional unit, involving PLEKHG6, MYH10 and RHOA, at the cleavage furrow to advance furrow ingression during cytokinesis. In epithelial cells, required for the formation of microvilli and membrane ruffles on the apical pole. Along with EZR, required for normal macropinocytosis.