Aliases for PKDREJ Gene
- Polycystin Family Receptor For Egg Jelly 2 3
- Polycystin (PKD) Family Receptor For Egg Jelly 2 5
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (Polycystin) And REJ Homolog (Sperm Receptor For Egg Jelly Homolog, Sea Urchin) 2
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (Polycystin) And REJ (Sperm Receptor For Egg Jelly, Sea Urchin Homolog)-Like 2
- Polycystic Kidney Disease (Polycystin) And REJ (Sperm Receptor For Egg Jelly Homolog, Sea Urchin)-Like 2
- PKD And REJ Homolog 4
External Ids for PKDREJ Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PKDREJ Gene
This intronless gene encodes a member of the polycystin protein family. The encoded protein contains 11 transmembrane domains, a receptor for egg jelly (REJ) domain, a G-protein-coupled receptor proteolytic site (GPS) domain, and a polycystin-1, lipoxygenase, alpha-toxin (PLAT) domain. This protein may play a role in human reproduction. Alternative splice variants have been described but their biological natures have not been determined. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PKDREJ Gene
PKDREJ (Polycystin Family Receptor For Egg Jelly) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PKDREJ include Kidney Disease and Polycystic Kidney Disease. GO annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and calcium channel activity. An important paralog of this gene is PKD1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PKDREJ Gene
May have a central role in fertilization. May generate a Ca(2+) transporting channel directly involved in initiating the acrosome reaction of the sperm.