Aliases for PIP5KL1 Gene
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase-Like 1 2 3
- PtdIns(4)P-5-Kinase-Like Protein 1 3 4
- PI(4)P 5-Kinase-Like Protein 1 3 4
- PIPKH 3 6
- Phosphatidylinositol 4-Phosphate 5-Kinase-Like Protein 1 3
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase-Like Protein 1 3
- Phosphatidylinositol Phosphate Kinase Homolog 3
- EC 18.104.22.168 4
- BA203J24.5 3
External Ids for PIP5KL1 Gene
PIP5KL1 is a phosphoinositide kinase-like protein that lacks intrinsic lipid kinase activity but associates with type I PIPKs (see PIP5K1A; MIM 603275) and may play a role in localization of PIPK activity (Chang et al., 2004 [PubMed 14701839]).[supplied by OMIM, Jun 2009]
GeneCards Summary for PIP5KL1 Gene
PIP5KL1 (Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase-Like 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Regulation of actin cytoskeleton and Endocytosis. GO annotations related to this gene include 1-phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PIP5K1C.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PIP5KL1 Gene
May act as a scaffold to localize and regulate type I PI(4)P 5-kinases to specific compartments within the cell, where they generate PI(4,5)P2 for actin nucleation, signaling and scaffold protein recruitment and conversion to PI(3,4,5)P3.