Aliases for PIP5K1B Gene
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Type 1 Beta 2 3
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase, Type I, Beta 2 3 5
- Phosphatidylinositol 4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Type I Beta 3 4
- Type I Phosphatidylinositol 4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Beta 3 4
- PtdIns(4)P-5-Kinase 1 Beta 3 4
- Protein STM-7 3 4
- PIP5K1-Beta 3 4
- EC 188.8.131.52 4 63
External Ids for PIP5K1B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIP5K1B Gene
GeneCards Summary for PIP5K1B Gene
PIP5K1B (Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Type 1 Beta) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Apoptotic Pathways in Synovial Fibroblasts and PI3K events in ERBB4 signaling. GO annotations related to this gene include phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase activity and 1-phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PIP4K2B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PIP5K1B Gene
Participates in the biosynthesis of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate. Mediates RAC1-dependent reorganization of actin filaments. Contributes to the activation of PLD2. Together with PIP5K1A is required after stimulation of G-protein coupled receptors for stable platelet adhesion (By similarity).