Aliases for PIP5K1B Gene
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Type 1 Beta 2 3
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase, Type I, Beta 2 3 5
- Phosphatidylinositol 4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Type I Beta 3 4
- Type I Phosphatidylinositol 4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Beta 3 4
- PtdIns(4)P-5-Kinase 1 Beta 3 4
- Protein STM-7 3 4
- PIP5K1-Beta 3 4
- EC 18.104.22.168 4 63
External Ids for PIP5K1B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIP5K1B Gene
GeneCards Summary for PIP5K1B Gene
PIP5K1B (Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase Type 1 Beta) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase activity and 1-phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PIP4K2B.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PIP5K1B Gene
Participates in the biosynthesis of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate. Mediates RAC1-dependent reorganization of actin filaments. Contributes to the activation of PLD2. Together with PIP5K1A is required after stimulation of G-protein coupled receptors for stable platelet adhesion (By similarity).