Aliases for PIGT Gene
- Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis Class T 2 3 5
- Phosphatidylinositol-Glycan Biosynthesis Class T Protein 3 4
- GPI Transamidase Subunit 2 3
- Neurotrophin-Regulated Neuronal Development-Associated Protein 3
- Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis, Class T 3
- Phosphatidylinositol Glycan, Class T 2
External Ids for PIGT Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIGT Gene
This gene encodes a protein that is involved in glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchor biosynthesis. The GPI-anchor is a glycolipid found on many blood cells and serves to anchor proteins to the cell surface. This protein is an essential component of the multisubunit enzyme, GPI transamidase. GPI transamidase mediates GPI anchoring in the endoplasmic reticulum, by catalyzing the transfer of fully assembled GPI units to proteins. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, May 2012]
GeneCards Summary for PIGT Gene
PIGT (Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis Class T) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PIGT include multiple congenital anomalies-hypotonia-seizures syndrome 3 and paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria 2. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification. GO annotations related to this gene include GPI-anchor transamidase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PIGT Gene
Component of the GPI transamidase complex. Essential for transfer of GPI to proteins, particularly for formation of carbonyl intermediates.