Aliases for PIGL Gene
- Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis Class L 2 3 5
- Phosphatidylinositol-Glycan Biosynthesis Class L Protein 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminylphosphatidylinositol Deacetylase 2 3
- Phosphatidylinositol Glycan, Class L 2 3
- PIG-L 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminyl-Phosphatidylinositol De-N-Acetylase 3
- EC 184.108.40.206 4
- CHIME 3
External Ids for PIGL Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIGL Gene
This gene encodes an enzyme that catalyzes the second step of glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) biosynthesis, which is the de-N-acetylation of N-acetylglucosaminylphosphatidylinositol (GlcNAc-PI). Study of a similar rat enzyme suggests that this protein localizes to the endoplasmic reticulum. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PIGL Gene
PIGL (Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis Class L) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PIGL include Chime Syndrome and Hyperphosphatasia-Intellectual Disability Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Post-translational modification- synthesis of GPI-anchored proteins. GO annotations related to this gene include N-acetylglucosaminylphosphatidylinositol deacetylase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PIGL Gene
Involved in the second step of GPI biosynthesis. De-N-acetylation of N-acetylglucosaminyl-phosphatidylinositol.