Aliases for PGAM5 Gene
- PGAM Family Member 5, Mitochondrial Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase 2 3 5
- Phosphoglycerate Mutase Family Member 5 2 3 4
- PGAM Family Member 5, Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase, Mitochondrial 2 3
- Bcl-XL-Binding Protein V68 3 4
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase PGAM5, Mitochondrial 3
- EC 126.96.36.199 4
- BXLBV68 3
External Ids for PGAM5 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PGAM5 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PGAM5 Gene
PGAM5 (PGAM Family Member 5, Mitochondrial Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PGAM5 include Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome, Type Iib. Among its related pathways are Mitophagy - animal and TNF signaling pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include GTPase activator activity and phosphatase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PGAM5 Gene
Displays phosphatase activity for serine/threonine residues, and, dephosphorylates and activates MAP3K5 kinase. Has apparently no phosphoglycerate mutase activity. May be regulator of mitochondrial dynamics. Substrate for a KEAP1-dependent ubiquitin ligase complex. Contributes to the repression of NFE2L2-dependent gene expression. Acts as a central mediator for programmed necrosis induced by TNF, by reactive oxygen species and by calcium ionophore.