Aliases for PERM1 Gene
- PPARGC1 And ESRR Induced Regulator, Muscle 1 2 3
- Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Gamma Coactivator 1 And Estrogen-Related Receptor-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 3 4
- PPARGC1 And ESRR-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 3 4
- C1orf170 3 4
- PGC-1 And ERR-Induced Regulator In Muscle Protein 1 3
- PGC-1- And ERR-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 2
- PGC-1 And ERR-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 3
- Chromosome 1 Open Reading Frame 170 2
External Ids for PERM1 Gene
Previous Symbols for PERM1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PERM1 Gene
PERM1 (PPARGC1 And ESRR Induced Regulator, Muscle 1) is a Protein Coding gene.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PERM1 Gene
Regulates the expression of selective PPARGC1A/B and ESRRA/B/G target genes with roles in glucose and lipid metabolism, energy transfer, contractile function, muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and oxidative capacity. Required for the efficient induction of MT-CO2, MT-CO3, COX4I1, TFB1M, TFB2M, POLRMT and SIRT3 by PPARGC1A. Positively regulates the PPARGC1A/ESRRG-induced expression of CKMT2, TNNI3 and SLC2A4 and negatively regulates the PPARGC1A/ESRRG-induced expression of PDK4.