Aliases for PDZD3 Gene
- PDZ Domain Containing 3 2 3
- IKEPP 3 4 6
- Natrium-Phosphate Cotransporter IIa C-Terminal-Associated Protein 2 3 4
- Na/Pi Cotransporter C-Terminal-Associated Protein 2 3 4
- Sodium-Hydrogen Exchanger Regulatory Factor 4 3 4
- Intestinal And Kidney-Enriched PDZ Protein 3 4
- PDZ Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- PDZ Domain-Containing Protein 3 3 4
External Ids for PDZD3 Gene
Previous Symbols for PDZD3 Gene
Guanylyl cyclase C (GCC, or GUCY2C; MIM 601330) produces cGMP following the binding of either endogenous ligands or heat-stable enterotoxins secreted by E. coli and other enteric bacteria. Activation of GCC initiates a signaling cascade that leads to phosphorylation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR; MIM 602421), followed by a net efflux of ions and water into the intestinal lumen. IKEPP is a regulatory protein that associates with GCC and regulates the amount of cGMP produced following receptor stimulation (Scott et al., 2002 [PubMed 11950846]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PDZD3 Gene
PDZD3 (PDZ Domain Containing 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PDZD3 include cystic fibrosis and secretory diarrhea. GO annotations related to this gene include protein C-terminus binding and guanylate cyclase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is SLC9A3R1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PDZD3 Gene
Acts as a regulatory protein that associates with GUCY2C and negatively modulates its heat-stable enterotoxin-mediated activation. Stimulates SLC9A3 activity in the presence of elevated calcium ions.