Aliases for PDP2 Gene
- Pyruvate Dehyrogenase Phosphatase Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3 5
- Protein Phosphatase 2C, Magnesium-Dependent, Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase, Mg2+/Mn2+ Dependent 2B 2 3
- EC 184.108.40.206 4 61
- PDPC 2 3 4
- [Pyruvate Dehydrogenase [Acetyl-Transferring]]-Phosphatase 2, Mitochondrial 3
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase [Acetyl-Transferring]-Phosphatase 2, Mitochondrial 3
- [Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (Acetyl-Transferring)]-Phosphatase 2
External Ids for PDP2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PDP2 Gene
This gene is a mitochondrial protein that functions as a phosphatase and is involved in the enzymatic resetting of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding the same protein. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2016]
GeneCards Summary for PDP2 Gene
PDP2 (Pyruvate Dehyrogenase Phosphatase Catalytic Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Pyruvate metabolism and Citric Acid (TCA) cycle and Respiratory electron transport, ATP synthesis by chemiosmotic coupling, and heat production by uncoupling proteins.. GO annotations related to this gene include protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity and magnesium-dependent protein serine/threonine phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PDP1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PDP2 Gene
Catalyzes the dephosphorylation and concomitant reactivation of the alpha subunit of the E1 component of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex.