Aliases for PDIA6 Gene
- Protein Disulfide Isomerase Family A Member 6 2 3 5
- Thioredoxin Domain Containing 7 (Protein Disulfide Isomerase) 2 3
- Protein Disulfide Isomerase Family A, Member 6 2 3
- Protein Disulfide Isomerase-Related Protein 2 3
- Protein Disulfide Isomerase-Associated 6 2 3
- Thioredoxin Domain-Containing Protein 7 3 4
- Endoplasmic Reticulum Protein 5 3 4
External Ids for PDIA6 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PDIA6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PDIA6 Gene
Protein disulfide isomerases (EC 188.8.131.52), such as PDIA6, are endoplasmic reticulum (ER) resident proteins that catalyze formation, reduction, and isomerization of disulfide bonds in proteins and are thought to play a role in folding of disulfide-bonded proteins (Hayano and Kikuchi, 1995 [PubMed 7590364]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PDIA6 Gene
PDIA6 (Protein Disulfide Isomerase Family A Member 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification and Unfolded Protein Response (UPR). GO annotations related to this gene include isomerase activity and protein disulfide isomerase activity. An important paralog of this gene is TMX3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PDIA6 Gene
May function as a chaperone that inhibits aggregation of misfolded proteins. Plays a role in platelet aggregation and activation by agonists such as convulxin, collagen and thrombin.