Aliases for PAFAH1B2 Gene
- Platelet Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase 1b Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3 5
- Platelet-Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase 1b, Catalytic Subunit 2 (30kDa) 2 3
- Platelet-Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase, Isoform Ib, Subunit 2 (30kDa) 2 3
- PAF Acetylhydrolase 30 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PAF-AH1b Alpha 2 Subunit 2 3
- PAF-AH 30 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PAF-AH Subunit Beta 3 4
- PAFAH Subunit Beta 3 4
External Ids for PAFAH1B2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PAFAH1B2 Gene
Platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase (PAFAH) inactivates platelet-activating factor (PAF) into acetate and LYSO-PAF. This gene encodes the beta subunit of PAFAH, the other subunits are alpha and gamma. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2014]
GeneCards Summary for PAFAH1B2 Gene
PAFAH1B2 (Platelet Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase 1b Catalytic Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PAFAH1B2 include Lissencephaly and Miller-Dieker Lissencephaly Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Golgi-to-ER retrograde transport and Metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include protein homodimerization activity and hydrolase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PAFAH1B3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PAFAH1B2 Gene
Inactivates PAF by removing the acetyl group at the sn-2 position. This is a catalytic subunit.