Aliases for PAFAH1B2 Gene
- Platelet Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase 1b Catalytic Subunit 2 2 3 5
- Platelet-Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase 1b, Catalytic Subunit 2 (30kDa) 2 3
- Platelet-Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase, Isoform Ib, Subunit 2 (30kDa) 2 3
- PAF Acetylhydrolase 30 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PAF-AH1b Alpha 2 Subunit 2 3
- PAF-AH 30 KDa Subunit 3 4
- PAF-AH Subunit Beta 3 4
- PAFAH Subunit Beta 3 4
External Ids for PAFAH1B2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PAFAH1B2 Gene
Platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase (PAFAH) inactivates platelet-activating factor (PAF) into acetate and LYSO-PAF. This gene encodes the beta subunit of PAFAH, the other subunits are alpha and gamma. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2014]
GeneCards Summary for PAFAH1B2 Gene
PAFAH1B2 (Platelet Activating Factor Acetylhydrolase 1b Catalytic Subunit 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PAFAH1B2 include lissencephaly and miller-dieker lissencephaly syndrome. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Lissencephaly gene (LIS1) in neuronal migration and development. GO annotations related to this gene include protein homodimerization activity and hydrolase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PAFAH1B3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PAFAH1B2 Gene
Inactivates PAF by removing the acetyl group at the sn-2 position. This is a catalytic subunit.