Aliases for OXSM Gene
- 3-Oxoacyl-ACP Synthase, Mitochondrial 2 3 5
- Beta-Ketoacyl-ACP Synthase 3 4
- Beta-Ketoacyl Synthase 2 3
- EC 184.108.40.206 4 61
- 3-Oxoacyl-[Acyl-Carrier-Protein] Synthase, Mitochondrial 3
- Acyl-Malonyl Acyl Carrier Protein-Condensing Enzyme 3
- Type II Mitochondrial Beta-Ketoacyl Synthase 3
- 3-Ketoacyl-Acyl Carrier Protein Synthase 3
External Ids for OXSM Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for OXSM Gene
This gene encodes a beta-ketoacyl synthetase. The encoded enzyme is required for elongation of fatty acid chains in the mitochondria. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been described.[provided by RefSeq, Feb 2009]
GeneCards Summary for OXSM Gene
OXSM (3-Oxoacyl-ACP Synthase, Mitochondrial) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Fatty acid biosynthesis (KEGG) and Fatty acid metabolism. GO annotations related to this gene include transferase activity and 3-oxoacyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] synthase activity. An important paralog of this gene is FASN.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for OXSM Gene
May play a role in the biosynthesis of lipoic acid as well as longer chain fatty acids required for optimal mitochondrial function.