Aliases for OSGEP Gene
- O-Sialoglycoprotein Endopeptidase 2 3 4 5
- T(6)A37 Threonylcarbamoyladenosine Biosynthesis Protein OSGEP 3 4
- TRNA Threonylcarbamoyladenosine Biosynthesis Protein OSGEP 3 4
- N6-L-Threonylcarbamoyladenine Synthase 3 4
- T(6)A Synthase 3 4
- HOSGEP 3 4
- GCPL1 3 4
- Probable TRNA Threonylcarbamoyladenosine Biosynthesis Protein OSGEP 3
- Probable TRNA N6-Adenosine Threonylcarbamoyltransferase 3
External Ids for OSGEP Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for OSGEP Gene
GeneCards Summary for OSGEP Gene
OSGEP (O-Sialoglycoprotein Endopeptidase) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with OSGEP include Galloway-Mowat Syndrome 3 and Galloway-Mowat Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and tRNA processing. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring acyl groups other than amino-acyl groups and transferase activity, transferring acyl groups.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for OSGEP Gene
Component of the EKC/KEOPS complex that is required for the formation of a threonylcarbamoyl group on adenosine at position 37 (t(6)A37) in tRNAs that read codons beginning with adenine. The complex is probably involved in the transfer of the threonylcarbamoyl moiety of threonylcarbamoyl-AMP (TC-AMP) to the N6 group of A37. OSGEP likely plays a direct catalytic role in this reaction, but requires other protein(s) of the complex to fulfill this activity.