Aliases for NUDT21 Gene
- Nudix (Nucleoside Diphosphate Linked Moiety X)-Type Motif 21 2 3
- CFIM25 3 4 6
- CPSF5 3 4 6
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specificity Factor 25 KDa Subunit 3 4
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 5, 25 KD Subunit 2 3
- Cleavage And Polyadenylation Specific Factor 5, 25 KDa 2 3
- Nucleoside Diphosphate-Linked Moiety X Motif 21 3 4
- Pre-MRNA Cleavage Factor Im 25 KDa Subunit 3 4
External Ids for NUDT21 Gene
Previous Symbols for NUDT21 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is one subunit of a cleavage factor required for 3' RNA cleavage and polyadenylation processing. The interaction of the protein with the RNA is one of the earliest steps in the assembly of the 3' end processing complex and facilitates the recruitment of other processing factors. This gene encodes the 25kD subunit of the protein complex, which is composed of four polypeptides. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for NUDT21 Gene
NUDT21 (Nudix (Nucleoside Diphosphate Linked Moiety X)-Type Motif 21) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and mRNA Splicing - Major Pathway. GO annotations related to this gene include RNA binding and hydrolase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NUDT21 Gene
Component of the cleavage factor Im (CFIm) complex that plays a key role in pre-mRNA 3-processing. Involved in association with CPSF6 or CPSF7 in pre-MRNA 3-end poly(A) site cleavage and poly(A) addition. NUDT21/CPSF5 binds to cleavage and polyadenylation RNA substrates. The homodimer mediates simultaneous sequence-specific recognition of two 5-UGUA-3 elements within the pre-mRNA. Binds to, but does not hydrolyze mono- and di-adenosine nucleotides. May have a role in mRNA export.