Aliases for NSD3 Gene
- Nuclear Receptor Binding SET Domain Protein 3 2 3 5
- WHSC1-Like 1 Isoform 9 With Methyltransferase Activity To Lysine 3 4
- Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome Candidate 1-Like 1 2 3
- Nuclear SET Domain-Containing Protein 3 3 4
- Protein Whistle 3 4
- EC 184.108.40.206 4 61
- WHSC1L1 3 4
- Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome Candidate 1-Like Protein 1 4
External Ids for NSD3 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NSD3 Gene
This gene is related to the Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome candidate-1 gene and encodes a protein with PWWP (proline-tryptophan-tryptophan-proline) domains. This protein methylates histone H3 at lysine residues 4 and 27, which represses gene transcription. Two alternatively spliced variants have been described. [provided by RefSeq, May 2015]
GeneCards Summary for NSD3 Gene
NSD3 (Nuclear Receptor Binding SET Domain Protein 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NSD3 include Leukemia, Acute Myeloid and Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Lysine degradation and Chromatin organization. An important paralog of this gene is NSD1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NSD3 Gene
Histone methyltransferase. Preferentially methylates Lys-4 and Lys-27 of histone H3. H3 Lys-4 methylation represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation, while Lys-27 is a mark for transcriptional repression.