Aliases for NLRX1 Gene
- NLR Family Member X1 2 3 5
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain, Leucine Rich Repeat Containing X1 2 3
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 26 3 4
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 5 3 4
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 9 3 4
- Caterpiller Protein 11.3 3 4
- NOD-Like Receptor X1 2 3
External Ids for NLRX1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NLRX1 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the NLR family and localizes to the outer mitochondrial membrane. The encoded protein is a regulator of mitochondrial antivirus responses. Three transcript variants encoding the same protein have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2013]
GeneCards Summary for NLRX1 Gene
NLRX1 (NLR Family Member X1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are RIG-I/MDA5 mediated induction of IFN-alpha/beta pathways and Influenza A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NLRX1 Gene
Participates in antiviral signaling. Acts as a negative regulator of MAVS-mediated antiviral responses, through the inhibition of the virus-induced RLH (RIG-like helicase)-MAVS interaction (PubMed:18200010). Has no inhibitory function on NF-Kappa-B and type 1 interferon signaling pathways, but enhances NF-Kappa-B and JUN N-terminal kinase dependent signaling through the production of reactive oxygen species (PubMed:18219313).