Aliases for NLRP13 Gene
- NLR Family, Pyrin Domain Containing 13 2 3
- NALP13 3 4 6
- NOD14 3 4 6
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 14 3 4
- NACHT, Leucine Rich Repeat And PYD Containing 13 2 3
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain, Leucine Rich Repeat And Pyrin Domain Containing 13 3
- Leucine Rich Repeat And Pyrin Domain Containing 13 2
External Ids for NLRP13 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NLRP13 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NLRP13 Gene
NALPs are cytoplasmic proteins that form a subfamily within the larger CATERPILLER protein family. Most short NALPs, such as NALP13, have an N-terminal pyrin (MEFV; MIM 608107) domain (PYD), followed by a NACHT domain, a NACHT-associated domain (NAD), and a C-terminal leucine-rich repeat (LRR) region. The long NALP, NALP1 (MIM 606636), also has a C-terminal extension containing a function to find domain (FIIND) and a caspase recruitment domain (CARD). NALPs are implicated in the activation of proinflammatory caspases (e.g., CASP1; MIM 147678) via their involvement in multiprotein complexes called inflammasomes (Tschopp et al., 2003 [PubMed 12563287]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for NLRP13 Gene
NLRP13 (NLR Family, Pyrin Domain Containing 13) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is NLRC3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for NLRP13 Gene
Involved in inflammation.